What Cyanogen Mode of OS
Cyanogen is an enhanced open-source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet based on the Android operating system.
Features supported by CyanogenMod includes
- CyanogenMod comes with features like :
- Theming support, FLAC audio codec support
- a large Access Point Name list
- an OpenVPN client and an enhanced reboot menu
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering,
- CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements,
- Soft buttons and other “tablet tweaks”, toggles in the notification. Pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS),
- App permissions management as well as other interface enhancements.
CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability. As compared to official firmware releases of Android devices.
CyanogenMod is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android OS. With added original and third-party code.
Firmware replacement for Android mobile device is the main aim of CyanogenMod
Top phones available in the market which comes CyanogenMod
- Yureka Plus by Micromax
- Yureka by Micromax
- Yutopia by Micromax
- Lenovo Z1
- OnePlus One
- One plus 3 with CyanogenMod 14.1
CyanogenMOD OS is now History
After December 2016 the CyanogenMod team forked and re-branded the CyanogenMod code into a new project named LineageOS. Which is developed based on CyanogenMod versions 14.1
“Now CyanogenMOD is known as LineageOS”