Passwords must meet complexity change Windows server 2008
Windows Server Password Complexity
Windows server has a predefined password complexity set. If you use default settings you need to follow password characters. Like Alphanumeric, special characters and specific minimum lengths 8 characters.
In this blog we are helping you to change the default settings related to password complexity. Now you can use your friendly and simple password without special keys.
Steps to change Password Complexity in Windows Server
Go to a command prompt
- Type ‘secedit /export /cfg c:\local.cfg‘ and hit enter
- Using notepad, edit c:\local.cfg
- Look for the line “PasswordComplexity = 1” and change it to “PasswordComplexity = 0”
- You can do edit “MinimumPasswordLength = 7” to a lesser value if you like.
- Save the file
- At a command prompt type ‘
secedit/configure / db%windir%\security\local.sdb / cfgc:\local. cfg/areas SECURITYPOLICY
- This will apply the new settings and refreshing the gpedit.msc should reflect the new settings
- Set your new less complex password!
Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Account Policies -> Password Policy
Final you may run command gpupdate /force
Note server recommend you to use complex password. Password not should be easy to guess by others. We recommended you to use complex password to prevent for hacker guess.